In early April, Ave Maria Press will be publishing the Ave Catholic Notetaking Bible in both hardcover and leathersoft editions. It will feature the Revised Standard Version – Second Catholic Edition (RSV-2CE) with a single-column layout, generous margins, a sewn binding, and two ribbon markers. The promotional webpage from Ave Maria Press advertises extra-thick paper and a large font size, although it doesn’t specify the weight of the paper or the numerical point-size of the font.
Interestingly, there will also be cross-references to the Catechism of the Catholic Church, as well as a few essays by Catholic evangelists and professors:
- “Overview of the Bible” by John Bergsma
- “Introduction to the Old Testament” by Anthony Pagliarini
- “Introduction to the New Testament” and “Advent Reading Plan” by Sarah Christmyer
- “Eight Steps to Becoming a Bible Reader” by Mark Hart
- “How to Love the Word” by Sonja Corbitt
- “One Year Bible Chronological Reading Plan” by Meg Hunter-Kilmer
- Lent Reading Plan
The hardcover is listed at $49.95, and the leathersoft is $59.95. Ave Maria Press is currently offering 20% off and free shipping on pre-orders.